Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Formspring: Good Questions

I usually go on Formspring to answer dumb questions that people ask because they're bored and feel like being assholes. Sometimes, however, I get legitimate questions that I spend more time answering (or at least thinking about) than the usual ones. I'm posting some of them here because Formspring just doesn't do them justice. [Note: I added more to my original responses on some of these.]
What do you think the youngest age someone should have sex at?
There is no right or wrong age. They're just numbers. However, I do believe there is a right time. Age has nothing to do with it. (Though, I don't really condone having sex when you're too young to even consider the consequences.) As long as one is prepared emotionally, physically, and mentally. If you know what you're doing, taking the right precautions, and you know this isn't going to emotionally hurt you, you're ready. But for the sake of this question, sixteen sounds good.
Have you ever been in love? Do you believe in love? Do you love your fans?
I have loved, but I have never been in love. As for whether I believe in love... I suppose, yeah. There are different kinds of love (such as the kind a mother feels for her child, or the general appreciation one can have for their best friend [see: Will Grayson, Will Grasyon]). Then there's also what happens when one is attracted to another in a romantic/intellectual/physical way. I don't think people have soul mates or anyone that they are /meant/ to be with. But I do believe in relationships that work out because both parties genuinely enjoy each other's company and learn to work things out because they want to, not because they think they're meant to be. I hope this makes sense. Now I feel like I'm babbling.

I wasn't aware that I had fans. I just call them followers. I love/appreciate each and every one of them for keeping up with me through all my stupid moments of "Shit, I accidentally threw my tray into the trash can at Taco Bell." :)
Have you ever pretended to be someone you aren't to get people to like you? I am considering doing it, because I have about 2 friends.
I haven't, and wouldn't suggest it. I don't have that much of a social life, but I'm happy with what I do have. Less friends = less pointless drama. You need people that like you for you, not who you pretend to be. Find somebody who genuinely enjoys your company and whose company you enjoy. Friendships are hardly ever planned. 
But what if nobody actually likes me for me? I have suffered from depression/suicidal thoughts for about 4 years (i'm 13).
[I'm assuming this one was a follow-up to the previous question.] You've got a long life ahead of you. Don't waste it on thoughts about ending it. Embrace what the world has to offer. Life is what you make of it. If you make mistakes, learn from them; don't regret them. In fact, don't even consider them "mistakes." They're merely choices. You'll eventually meet people that will want to talk to you because they like you or find you interesting. 13 was a very stupid age for me, but I eventually developed more and more as a person and people either liked it or hated it. If I changed, it was because it gradually happened or certain events in my life caused me to see things in a different light. Not because I wanted people to like me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on all this, especially the last two. BEING THIRTEEN SUCKS ASS. You gotta give yourself and the people around you the time to mature. Everyone is easier to get along with when they're a little older. (:

    ReplyDelete