Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scrubs - Season 8 Finale (or series finale?)

This episode starts off with JD sitting on his (technically Elliot's) bed saying that it's his last day at Sacred Heart and remembering a few moments he had there. He holds Elliot and reminds her that it's his last day, and she says she doesn't want morning sex. Pwn'd.

JD made a book of Dr. Cox's rants and rated each rant from 1-5, depending on how much the rant hurt JD emotionally. I laughed so hard when the one they read out loud was actually one of my personal favorites: "The only way you could be less productive right now is if you were, in fact, the wall on which you're leaning against." Then Dr. Cox goes on to read the list of things he doesn't care about. HUGH JACKMAN. 'nuff said. Anyway, JD pretty much spends the rest of the episode trying to get Cox to let him know how much he really feels. He accomplishes it :D, even though it wasn't directly to JD's face.

Of course, he does that thing at the end where he summarizes everything he learned during the course of the episode as he's walking the halls of the hospital. As he does this, there are a bunch of old characters lined up there. I didn't remember some of them. Oh well.  Then he watches this mental slide show of his ideal future. Kinda cute, kinda cheesy, still not as sad as I thought it would be. I expected the ending to be a lot more emotional. Maybe it wasn't so sad because there's actually gonna be another season after this one. No, that's just my wishful thinking.

Oh, we also find out the Janitor's name is Tommy... or Glen Matthews... or neither.

Honestly, I didn't like this ending much. I didn't hate it either, though. It was just okay.  This show had a lot more potential for an ending. It's just that I've seen some pretty sad scenes on [Scrubs] and I guess I expected this episode to top all of those.  It just didn't.  It kind if reminded me of how I expected Harry Potter to have some epic ending, but it was just really predictable. I was hoping they wouldn't do that. But they did. Sorry, Bill Lawrence. You dissappointed me a little.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is ANONYMOUS SKIN and i live in Ireland. Just wanted you to know i read your blog on Scrubs and i totally agree with you. I am a HUGE Scrubs fan but thought it was too much like Will and Grace ending. ANONYMOUS SKIN.

    ReplyDelete