Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I guess I was meant to listen to Owl City


I couple months back, I remember getting a friend request on MySpace from a music profile: Owl City. Being the lazy person that I am, I just kinda left the friend request sitting there along with a few others for a few weeks because I didn't feel like looking through the profiles. Eventually, I came around to looking through my pile of friend requests and listened to Owl City's music. I liked it. I didn't stick around the profile long enough to make a good judgment, though. I denied the friend request for some reason, and Owl City sent me yet another friend request a couple weeks after that. I was like Fine, I'll accept! gosh! This time around, I took more time to listen to the music. It kinda began to grow on me after the second or third song. (I wish I remember which songs they were.)


Then this one time, I was listening to music on last.fm and what do you know, the same Owl City that requested me on MySpace twice begins to play. I finally caved in and downloaded some Owl City songs after that and put 'em on my iTunes. I couldn't stop listening after that.



For those of you who don't know, I went through a phase where I had an e-crush on the "Twilight Guy," Kaleb Nation. He recently posted this video:





I dunno, I thought that was pretty cool though. I guess he feels the same way about Owl City that I do.

I think I was meant to listen to Owl City no matter what. I feel like it was written in a prophecy somewhere. Nahh, not really. But I was bound to listen to them (or him, whatever) at one point or another.  I don't know much about Owl City right know. From what I've seen on MySpace and Last.fm, I know it's a musical "project" of this dude named Adam Young.  I just know that it's pretty cool electronica/pop music that I enjoy listening to. It reminds me of an upbeat version of The Postal Service and gives me that feeling of summer time that I always got when listening to Hellogoodbye. If you're into that sorta music, you should totally check out Owl City.

1 comment:

  1. captains and cruise ships is down... i dig their first two albums actually... haven't heard the new one

    ReplyDelete