Monday, May 18, 2009

Gossip Girl - Season 2 Finale

There are just three scenes I really want to talk about.



Blair crowns Jenny.
"You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you."

Hands down, Blair always gets the best quotes. I like the way they threw in that Tudor reference. This scene was really cool. I think it's the first time I see Jenny and Blair show some sort of respect towards each other. Jenny is officially the foreign queen. Oh, and Blair just had to add the whole thing about Jenny's dad marrying Lily: Jenny will be richer than the rest of them! I didn't even know how to react to that.


What I didn't like, though, was how Jenny changed all out of nowhere. The scene where Blair tells the other girls that Jenny is their new leader, and then Jenny goes on tell them about the headbands. Was that really necessary? I didn't really like it.



Who is Gossip Girl?
"You wanted to meet Gossip Girl? Well, look around. I'm nothing without you. And while most high school friendships fade, it's my hope that what happened today will bond you forever. Now that all my secrets are out, you have a clean slate. Until college. Congratulations, I'm coming with you."

I knew we wouldn't find out who Gossip Girl was, since we know there are still more seasons ahead of us. Gossip Girl's identity is kind of irrelevant to everything, though. She just gets tips and blogs about them. She's the Perez Hilton of the upper east side. It's still kinda lame that they did that, though. I'm looking forward to the next season. With everyone off in college and Gossip Girl still blogging, the future sounds like it's gonna be really interesting. They'll all get the updates, but never really have physical interaction with each other. This will cause for a lot of confusion, I bet.



I love you too.
First off, whoever chose the song for this scene is fucking awesome. It was just so perfect. Anyway... Since I started regularly watching this show, I've always been a Chuck/Blair shipper. Naturally, this scene made me scream excitedly. Hahaha. It was super cute, though! Chuck looked as handsome as ever, and Blair as beautiful as she always does.  They just looked so happy together and perfect for each other more than ever after he said "I love you too."  I've never seen Chuck like this before. He completely changed, but it made me fall in love with him even more. Yes, I've had this crazy sexual attraction for Ed Westwick and I don't know why, since Chace Crawford is so much better looking. Back to the topic at hand... I was really happy to see them together at the end of this scene. (as if they're real people and shit.)

Okay, that's all I wanted to say.


You know you love me.


xoxo, reinix

1 comment:

  1. I love
    this
    rreview
    is
    perfect
    teach me how to do reviews
    please
    please
    please

    ReplyDelete