Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The reason I can't fall asleep right now

It was about 8 or 9pm when I was watching the Garfield High School Marching band rehearsing and doing a few final runs of their field show,. I was there because I'd gotten bored at home. They weren't rehearsing at Garfield like they normally did, though. They were at this park with a steep hill. I was on top of the hill, and they were running sets at the bottom.  I had a perfect center view. Also, Vincent Lopez met up with me a few minutes after that and we watched the band together for a bit, just making fun of stuff they would do wrong and whatnot. Apparently, they had a Vicente Fernandez themed field show. I thought it was pretty chunti, but then figured oh, right. It's Garfield. (as if that justifies anything?) Actually, their opener was the same opener they performed in 2008, but the rest of the songs were Vicente Fernandez.


Finally, they do their last full run of the show. It started off okay, but then I noticed some problems with the drumline. I guess the whole ensemble just tore at one point and everything started to get weird, timing and drill wise , with the drums. The bass line was playing what would've been an awesome solo if they were on tempo and not crashing into each other. Laura Tomas was playing bottom bass, and I noticed she got hurt pretty bad because she got hit by 6th bass (I guess Joe decided to have a bass line of 7 that year). The show went on, but she stepped off the field because couldn't keep going. She walked up to the top of the hill, sweaty and crying. Then I noticed the drum had hit her so hard in the head that she was bleeding. I turned away because I hate looking at blood.


I continued to watch the rest of the  field show and then realized how cold it was. I turned around to ask Vinnie and Laura if they were cold, but they weren't there anymore. Then I looked down and saw Vincent laying on the floor in a pair of torn up briefs,  super sweaty and beat-up-looking. I  freaked out, gasped and wondered what happened and why I didn't notice it.  Then I saw Laura in pretty much the same condition, except she was wearing clothes that were ripped up and had blood all over them. I screamed, cried, and fell to the ground. I wanted to get back up and tell someone, but I was still crying and freaking out. I began to crawl my way up, but then my had touched something cold and mushy. When I looked at my hands, they were covered in blood, so I cried even louder because I didn't know what the hell was going on. Then I noticed that the mushy thing my hand touched was a slimy, severed human leg. I looked around and there were several bodies and body parts similar to that one. They were all pale, and the ones with faces looked restless. They reminded me of those images we see from the Holocaust, after they haven't been fed and put to work and are practically just skin and bones... except they were slimy/sweaty looking and there was blood splattered everywhere on and around them.


Needless to say, I freaked out and cried even more about this. It got to the point where I couldn't even scream anymore and just woke up gasping for air.



I didn't know what the hell to do, but I did not want to go back to sleep. I called Zack, but I just woke him up and then he went back to sleep. Then I texted my Twitter and Facebook accounts to update my status about that dream and how I didn't wanna go back to sleep. I called Luis and stayed on the line with him for a few minutes.


Then I guess I got over it and tried to go back to sleep. (I had that dream at about 3:3oam, btw). Problem was, I was no longer sleepy. Sooo, I kinda cleaned my room, put away some clothes, went to the bathroom, watched two or three YouTube videos, and now I'm sitting here writing about it.


It's almost six in the morning now, and I can hear the birds tweeting. I wonder if they can hear me tweet when I do it too. (Lame joke, I know.)

4 comments:

  1. Weird dream. btw Wtf! do you think about during the day?

    oh yeah I like the picture above lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...what? Strange, I'll be playing bass drum for the Yale band next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look cute on the picture

    ReplyDelete