Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm way too loud for my own good sometimes

Sometimes I forget how loud I am. There have been countless times when people tell me to keep my voice down because it's way too loud.  Something happened in my math class today that sparked my need to write about this, but let's go back to the past and recall some memorable times when this has happened.

Ms. Mukai's class. 8th grade. I think this was the moment that established my loudness. I remember I was "whispering" to this guy Luis during silent reading time, telling him that there was chalk on the back of his shirt. Apparently, my whisper was so loud that it could be heard on the opposite side of the classroom. (I sat on the far right, and people sitting on the far left side of the classroom were able to hear me.) Once silent reading time was over, my teacher told the class that we shouldn't talk at all during silent reading because some of us (she looked directly at me as she said "some of us") don't even know how to whisper.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Daisy was sitting in between Zack and me. Needless to say, we both wouldn't stop making dumb comments during the movie, nor would we stop play fighting. Not too much happened, but some chick sitting behind us told us to shut up, or mocked us, or something.

Beowolf. I decided to skip class with a few friends, like we normally would every other Monday of senior year.  We went to a little theater in Uptown Whittier. Anyway, I was there with my friends Jose, Mayra, Ricky, and Zack. Ricky was probably the only person louder than me sometimes. We were both making jokes during the movie, and then this lady that worked at the theater told Zack something along the lines of "If your friend doesn't quiet down, she's gonna have to leave and she's not getting a refund." Mayra even jokingly (I hope) moved a few seats away from Ricky and me because she didn't wanna be associated with such loud... beings. Ahahah.

Garfield High School Library. Zack and I were killing time at the library. We were sitting and talking when somebody in front of us says "You do realize you're in the library?" It was so hard to hold in a laugh and and not reply with something like "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize..." We joked about it the whole rest of the day.

Other times. Then there were occasional shushes we got from our Theater professor at ELAC, but nothing major. And other people telling my friend and I (usually directed at just me, though) to keep our voices down. There were some other examples of my loudness, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Maybe I'll update this blog if/when I remember them.

Anyway...

Today. I was in my math class, talking to this guy Daniel. I was telling him about how this girl that sits in the front probably hates me because she's always giving me dirty looks. I swear, if you saw the way she looked at me, you'd think she's the Devil. (Except the Devil probably has straighter teeth.) Anyway... time passed by, I spent my time in that class taking notes and still talking to Daniel. All the while, that girl would turn around and give me the same look she always gave me. Finally, she got fed up with my voice. She turned around one final time and yelled "DO YOU MIND?!" I was gonna snap back at her, but I guess it's a good thing I didn't. About a quarter second after she yells at us, our professor says something along the lines of "In fact, why don't you two drop just the class? Better yet, I can drop it for you." I rolled my eyes, then Daniel said he'd just stop talking. At that point I was thinking fuck, I'm rude. Then I remembered I've always been like that and laughed to myself a little. As for my professor... Uhhh... fuck him. (I hope no one ever has.) Anyway, I think I proved my point to Daniel about that chick that sits in the front. She hates my guts!

8 comments:

  1. XJMASTERMASTERJXMay 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM

    how many times must I tell you guys... I never saw Beowulf with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO.
    In my mind, you were there the whole time... wearing a black t-shirt, jeans, a black dickies jacket, and a pair of black slip-on vans.
    And you were sitting to the right of Zack, who was to the right of Ricky, who was to the right of me, who was to the right of Mayra.

    Gross factual error for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there! lived the whole thing, she totaly hates your guts and maybe even mine. I just want that fucking class to be over and never see the professor's face ever again or the lady's crooked teeth. (I swear, she has the most dreadful smile i have ever seen and i have seen dreadful things...) congratulations I guess you are my new loud friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt she hates your guts. You're definitely not as loud as I am. Anyway, what's her deal? She always seems to be too busy flirting with that retard asian next to her [who doesn't know how to dress, btw] to even give a crap about anything. (I'm so going to hell for saying all that.)

    Ugghhh... Dude, I think I'm gonna fail that class. I dunno. I'm thinking of dropping soon. But... I dunno...

    and yay for new loud friends :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaha. I actually did get louder when that guy got stupid with us at the Garfield library. I mean, sure we didn't realize how loud we were talking, but he didn't have to be such a snide douchebag and say something so passive aggressive and idiotic as "Do you realize you're in a library?". lmao. i remember being like "OH SHIT REYNA. LOOK. WE'RE IN A LIBRARY. I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT." and him giving us the dirtiest look ever. well, maybe. that girl in your math class sounds like she can dish out a dirty look. maybe it's just in my head, but i've always imagined her looking like a dark, fat, thin eyebrowed, angry person who has a hint of beaner in her accent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao, that library day was hilarious.

    it would've been hilarious if that chick really was far, dark, and thin-eyebrowed... but she's not. she's just... idk.

    has long, dark hair and light skin. crap, i just made her sound pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so interesting! I have subscribed on rss and I will read it regullary/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting blog! Subscribed on rss. Regular will read it

    ReplyDelete