Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm giving up meat for lent.

So far it’s been great (except for that one tiny chicken strip that was forced upon me). I decided not to tell my family because I remember trying the whole vegetarian thing before and they would treat me weird. I’d get a lot of questions and a lot of people arguing about why it’s a bad idea, and then I feel sometimes my mom would feel bad that I didn’t always eat what she cooked. Since I’m not often home during dinner nowadays, I don’t think this’ll be a problem anymore. If it does start to become a problem, I'll let them know that I'm only doing it for lent. Just to see if I can. Otherwise, I will continue to order garden burgers, food with tofu instead of beef, and tacos with only beans and veggies in them.

I have no intent on becoming a vegetarian right now, but I would like to start eating and cooking more vegetarian meals just because they're healthier most of the time.

Last coffee shop visit: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in East Los Angeles. Jasmine-Dragon Tea Latte.
^ I hadn't done the last snippet thing in a while.

Update: I'm no longer doing this. For reasons I don't feel like writing about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment