Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Video Grievances

I've been meaning to update on here more often, but... Well, I guess I have no real excuse. This is the one medium where I can't really complain about how my internet speed won't let me post, as has been the case with YouTube lately.

I went to ROFLCOPTOUR a few weeks ago and have been meaning to upload those clips for a while now. My original plan was to upload short clips of the performances I got footage to my main channel of and then link those clips to the longer versions on my alternate channel. Unfortunately, my internet speed has downgraded and apparently it would take 200 minutes to upload a three-minute clip. Even if I had the patience to wait that long, I wouldn't do it, on principle. The principle being: nobody in this world deserves to have internet speeds that slow. Hahaha. Yes, I am that bitter.

I've also been considering not posting on WTVlog anymore for that same reason. I don't want to have to go to the The Coffee Bean every week just so I can upload a little video every week. As much as I love making and editing them, it's starting to feel like a chore. My computer isn't exactly the newest and fastest piece of technology, either. It takes about about two hours to render a three-minute long video in 780p. Add that to the amount of time I spend recording the video (5-10 minutes), editing the video (45 mins-1 hour), and uploading it (200 minutes now, apparently), and it just doesn't seem worth it to upload a pesky three-minute video anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment