Sunday, January 4, 2009

This 'About Me' was way too long for my MySpace profile

Written: August, 2008

My name is Reyna Villa and I currently attend East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park. I'm planning on transferring out when I can and go on to major in sociology. For a while, I wanted to do computer science, but then I realized that web design is much more of a hobby for me than anything and I can't see myself making a living off it. Anyway... I don't like my life all that much right now. It's been pretty slow and boring and I don't have much to look forward to. Having nothing to do at home is such a drag. I don't think it ever even fully hit me that I graduated from high school. Odd... though it's probably because I know I'm just gonna stay in the same town for the next few years. Hopefully things will change if/when I transfer out. For now... I'm sticking to the usual East LA.



Ah, East LA. I think me and East LA have some sort of love/hate relationship going on. I'm sorry, but a lot of people here are just so fucking stupid. And by "stupid," I'm talking about the type that don't know how to use common sense or even know the difference between there, they're, and their. I have this whole, "why live in this country if you can't even speak the language properly?" sort of view. However, I do give props to those kids who migrated to the US and actually have their shit straight. The ones who are trying their best to improve and aren't taking public education for granted like all those lowlifes out there. Thanks for not fitting your stereotype :] . Speaking of East LA and stereotypes... I know every girl that lives here has been through this at least once in their life: she's just walking from point A to point B down whatever East LA street she may be on, and hears a whistle or a honk. She turns around and notices a dark-skinned guy wink or blow a kiss at her from inside a car or truck. Totally disgusting, right? Especially since this happens all the freakin' time. How do I know this? I've been sort of keeping tallies every time this happens around me. I started on July 20, 2007 and so far have come across 239 of them. I noticed there's this pair of guys that does it regularly to every girl that passes by. Watch out for them... they like to kick it on the corner of Woods and Via Corona ;].

Okay! New paragraph! New topic! Yeah, I couldn't think of a good transition. Oh well. So, like... I realized recently that I don't like partying. That is, going to night parties with people my age and dancing/freaking/grinding/whatever else they do. I don't drink or smoke either. It's just not my thing. I don't do it to give myself some sort of good girl look or anything. I just never got into the whole scene. Maybe it's because I was never really allowed to go out at night, or because I never owned any slutty outfits. I'm not sure. Whatever.

Speaking of not being allowed to go out, I should take this moment to talk about my parents. Even though I bitch about how it takes me forever to convince them to let me go out somewhere (or even go out at all), I still love them. They're freakin awesome. My dad always has a positive attitude about everything. He recently had this crazy heart surgery that everyone was totally wtfing about. I'd have cried so much if I had to go through the shit that he did. Like, (oh man!) there was this black lady at the hospital who the same day of my dad's surgery who was about to get some sort of surgery too. She wouldn't stop moving and screaming and crying! I was soooo glad my dad wasn't all dramatic like that. I might've been, haha. They eventually put her to sleep. Everyone's reaction was something like "about time they shut the bitch up...Anyway, my dad was really calm and cool about it. He did everything he was supposed to and seemed not to worry as much as the rest of us did for him. I could only imagine what was going on through my mom's head this whole time.

If there's one thing I learned from my parents (that I should do more often) it's to have a positive outlook on everything. My mom's always been pretty damn religious. She's not the holiest of people, but I respect the way she thinks. My dad doesn't show it as much, but I know he thinks the same way. They both taught me to always be confident, persevearant, and just have faith that the best will happen. If it doesn't, then there must be some sort of reason for it that God can justify. I'm not hardcore religious or anything. I don't consider myself religious, anyway. Pero sí me percíno cada noche como me enseñó mi mami. I also share that belief with my parents about being positive and having faith that the best will happen. As much a pessimist as I can be, deep inside part of me is always just hoping for the best.

Oh man. You know what I hate? When people ask me what my favorite movie/book/band/whatever is. Sometimes they even go on to ask me why I don't have a favorite. I guess it just bugs me that I never have a response. I don't have a favorite anything. I dunno if that's good or bad. I've never even been to a concert. There are very few things I remember being fans of. Like, in elementary school I was totally into Nsync. The only thing I was a huge fan of for a long period of time is Harry Potter. I'm not as into it as I used to be, but I can still definitely enjoy the movies and books without being annoyed. Ummm.... I don't know what other topic to touch on, so I'll end this here for now.

Who I'd like to Meet:
Bjork, Corbin Bleu, Daniel Radcliffe, Ethan Martin, Jacob Green (hopefully I will in may!), J.K. Rowling, Jerry Seinfeld, John Mayer, Micheal Cera, Robert Pattinson, Rupert Grint, Taylor Lautner, Zac Efron, Zach Braff, and anyone who's down to have lunch with me and buy me a boba :]

No comments:

Post a Comment